Tuesday, August 19, 2008

React or Respond

Proverbs 15:28 "The heart of the righteous ponders how to answer, but the mouth of the wicked pours out evil things."

A Godly man or woman ponders how to answer (responds) while a wicked man or woman pours out words (reacts). Which one am I? I regret to say that often times I react and wicked things pour forth. I kick myself but apparently not hard enough. My goal is Godliness, pondering, responding...that whole James 1:19 slow to speak thing. I'm not on the black diamond course of controlling my mouth yet, but I'm working on it. If you find yourself on the bunny slope at times, too, I recommend taking a stroll through the book of James, but be forewarned...it will hurt your feelings.

2 comments:

Kelly Bell August 19, 2008 at 10:39 AM  

Thanks for the post Beth. I feel like today I have reacted the wrong way each time Caroline has been fussy or dropped her pacifier on the ground for the 100th time! This was a great reminder to not respond like that.

Beth Brawley Taylor August 21, 2008 at 7:03 AM  

Thanks Kelly! I know you are an outstanding mother...treasure every moment with your baby. You blink your eyes and they are nearly sixteen!