Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Don't Die WIth This!

In his book, 9 Things You Simply Must Do, Dr. Henry Cloud said this, “One of the worst things you can die with is potential. Die with failures before you die with potential. Potential is something to be realized, not guarded and protected.”

I love that movie, Last Holiday, starring Queen Latifah. I love that book of possibilities that she makes because I made one just like it when I was about ten years old. I liked being able to turn the pages and look at pictures of the things I dreamed I could have and be when I grew up. Thirty years later I don’t have everything that I put in that book all those years ago, but I have a lot of it. And tomorrow, I am going to keep working on the rest of it, using up every ounce of potential that I have been given.

I know I talk a great deal about dreams and risk, potential and living “big”. I really believe all this stuff I write. I figure that, like that old song said, if I shoot for the moon and miss, I will land among the stars.

0 comments: