Friday, December 5, 2008

Friday Jumbles

--I had my sister cut my hair in some cute, fringey bangs this past week. I also bought some new rather large, roundish sunglasses (snapped my old ones right in half) and my oldest son was good enough to tell me that I look like Willy Wonka. As in Johnny Depp. This earned him a dirty look and he so deserved it.

--Rental property (which is temporary) = large cockroaches (which are eternal). We did find the exception, but I will still be calling an exterminator. The exterminator is my friend.

--Did you know that if you add coffee to your ginormous cup of hot chocolate at 10:30 at night, you will get LOTS of reading done after midnight?

--My oldest son turns sixteen this weekend. I told him yesterday at lunch that it seems like just last week that he was dancing around in a onesie while watching Barney. I told him I would give him ten bucks if he would do it again. He said no....something about me needing therapy. I don't know what he meant by that. Sheesh.

--I helped my sister-in-law put up her retro, shiny, silver Christmas tree the other night. We found these great silver ornaments that looked liked mini disco balls and when the lights hit it with all those little disco orbs, it looks like Santa Claus meets Caesars Palace. So fun!

--Fav quote of the week: "When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world." George Washington Carver

--And finally, a confession. I was in bed one evening this week seriously pondering the idea of plugging up my leaf blower really late one night and blowing all of our leaves into my neighbors' yards while they sleep. Is that wrong?

3 comments:

Rachel December 5, 2008 at 9:08 AM  

Jacob's comment about your new look reminds me of the time when I I got a stylish new hair-do only to find that, when paired with glasses and a turtleneck, I bore a striking resemblance to Thelma from Scooby Doo. Not cool.

Unknown December 5, 2008 at 8:00 PM  

Do you have an extra leaf blower I could borrow that will blow all my stressors and problems into someone else's life? (sarcasm intended)

Kristen Allen December 11, 2008 at 10:05 AM  

I am very excited about the bangs and big sunglasses. I just recently cut bangs...it's a big step and have big sunglasses...so basically what I am trying to say is that you are cool...lol...LOVE YOU!