Friday, September 25, 2009

When God Closes a Home He Opens a Window

Let me start by giving credit for my catchy little title to my friend, Tim Smith. His sense of humor...it is so choice.

Now, down to business. If you are just tuning in, I have been chronicling our journey into the unknown and you can catch up by clicking here, here, here and here. We have been packing and praying, trusting that when our house closes in two short weeks we will not be homeless. Homeless was just not on our list of options. I am kidding of course, but my point is that we have been growing short on time (yesterday marked eight days left until moving day) and long on uncertainty. The amazing thing about following God is that even when circumstances appear uncertain, God is a sure thing.

Every time.

Just not according to my timetable, which we waved bye-bye to long ago.

So...the night before last we received an offer to move our family into the guest home of some very dear people. Wow! This offer will afford our family an opportunity to rest, pressure-free, and to "lie beside still waters" so that He can "restore our souls." This totally confirmed that the Lord wants us in Valdosta, GA for this season of time that we know in our hearts is still transitional. There will be more ministry ahead for us and we know in our hearts that God has us in a holding pattern for now. And holding patterns are not so bad when you know Who is holding you.

3 comments:

Sonia Hollandsworth September 25, 2009 at 4:52 PM  

Beth,
I have enjoyed reading your last few blogs about where you are in life and ministry. Why? Because my husband and I are in a VERY similar place -- a place of waiting, resting and holding. Seeing it unfold in someone else's life is the hope being breathed into my spirit by God Himself!! We aren't necessarily new to ministry, but He's asked us to step out of our "boat" into bigger and greater things, and we are embarking on a journey that leads into full-time ministry for the first time...we're just trusting in Him and knowing that He is directing our steps. I've learned in the last few months that I have no time table and when people ask what we're doing or where we're going, I just answer "I don't know! with a big smile...It really is exciting. I'm experiencing peace like I never have before..and yet our world is more upside down than ever before!

God is so Awesome! He never fails us or leaves us stranded!

Rachel September 27, 2009 at 1:19 PM  

Those Valdosta types are full of Southern Hospitality. I think you will love it there. Hobby Lobby and Chick-fil-A. Does it get any better? Best wishes.

Unknown September 27, 2009 at 7:41 PM  

You are His favorite, Beth - always have been. I'm glad you're showing off all of your beautiful cracked-up, cut apart, heat-soddered back together, colorful stained glass life. It is a story that He is writing, and tells a message of His glory in Your lives. You've told me before, "Wait." So, Beth, wait. You're there. Someone asked me this weekend what I was doing now, and I was amazingly surprised to hear myself say, "I'm currently hiding in the cleft of His rock." Which is just the right place to be. So, I give that to you. Enjoy the hospitality you are being given, wait with God, and hide in the cleft of His rock. He loves you, always.