Monday, September 14, 2009

Hi, I'm Larry...This Is My Brother Darryl and This Is My Other Brother Darryl"

So, I have been contemplating my life. Where I am now....where I will be after our house closes on the 9th of next month...how on God's green earth we have come to be at this place where we find ourselves. You know, things like that. Just for the record, I have no answers. But I do see that I am going to need a little more flexibility in my life. So rather than have a regular posting schedule here on my funky little blog that is read by tens of people three times a week come rain or shine, I will instead be posting whenever the heck I feel like it. So there.

I feel so rebellious, so dangerous, so....naughty right now! The idea of living life with no schedule!!! Okay, seriously, I need you to know that I will only be posting when I have something fantastic to say that is entirely fueled by my passions and not by a posting schedule even though this violates all the rules of growing a wildly successful blog. Fortunately for me, this blog of mine is not yet wildly successful so I can afford myself this freedom. If you do not already subscribe to this blog via e-mail or in a reader, please check out the right margin and do that now. You know you do not want to miss a thing here and I am just making it easy for you. No need to thank me.

And by the way, the title has nothing to do with this post. I just like "Newhart" from the 1980's. Big perms, ugly sweaters with shoulder pads and Bob Newhart...what's not to love?

4 comments:

Rachel September 15, 2009 at 3:25 PM  

Welcome to my world, you rebel! BTW, I did manage to get a few thoughts in today. They will be entirely confusing to some but I can't help but think you will not have this problem.

Cee September 16, 2009 at 12:31 AM  

...and my world as well Rachel!

I've been wondering when you might do this Beth. Had a feeling you might I guess! Honestly I don't know how you did running to a schedule like that. Looking forward to hearing more of your passions.

Beth Brawley Taylor September 16, 2009 at 11:01 AM  

Oh thank you, my friends. Sometimes permission from others is just the liberation you need. And frankly, I could use a little liberation right now.

Unknown September 19, 2009 at 4:01 PM  

Our family always roared at that , because WE could say, "Hi, I'm Chris...This is my brother Bob and this is my other brother Bob!" The brothers Bob were somewhat wild as youths, which one could never guess looking at them as, well, mature adults (or as close as they can get to that). One time, the brothers Bob were wooing twins! And it wasn't for their brains....Good thing they ended up marrying bright, beautiful women who kept them as straight as they could. Now,we're all old and can only wax nostalgic...