Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday Jumbles

--I am committing to keep my video camera charged at all times from this day forward. Last night after dinner, my middle son started dancing to some techno song that my older son was playing on the desktop in the kitchen. It was a moment in time that I am sad to say I will never witness again. We were all doubled over laughing, especially when his head slammed into the refrigerator as he was spinning in circles. A dancer he is not. But oh, so funny he is!

--For all of my "Office" friends out there, can you believe they ended the season last night with Pam finding out she is pregnant?? The odd thing is that she was taken to the hospital to have an ankle x-ray so how did they discover she was pregnant??? Hmmmmm.....

--Fav quote of the week: "Beauty isn't worth thinking about; what's important is your mind. You don't want a fifty-dollar haircut on a fifty-cent head." ~Garrison Keillor

--I started not to post this quote, although it is a great quote, because it sounds like something an ugly person would say. There- I admitted it. I can be shallow. Amen. Oh, and I ripped this quote from my friend, Joylene's, blog. I am a lowly worm.

--If you do not have teenagers, perhaps you are unaware of the decline in the attention span of the American teen. On an average trip across town with my kids, we will listen one third of the way through to about fifteen different songs. My oldest son calls it iPod ADD. I do not understand this phenom. In the '80s I would listen to Van Halen sing "Jump" from beginning to end. Of course we did not have CDs so you couldn't "jump around" on a cassette tape. Sigh. I am suddenly feeling really old.

--On that note, I am heading off into the bright, sunshiny weekend. Have a big, fat, wonderful time but do come back here next week. You know you need me.

--

2 comments:

Jeremy May 19, 2009 at 10:21 AM  

The hospital will not allow you to get an x-ray if there is any chance you are pregnant. They don’t want to be responsible for glow-in-the-dark babies.

Beth Brawley Taylor May 19, 2009 at 12:21 PM  

That I knew from being pregnant. So that means that Pam suspected she might be pregnant and had them test her, right? (Like this matters...it is a TV show, but i just can't help myself!)