Monday, March 2, 2009

Fleeting Snow Angels

My good friends at The Weather Channel predicted 1-2 inches of snow for Columbus, Georgia but, friends, we got nearly five inches at our happy, little home yesterday. And it was glorious! Those of you who live in the great, white north can't appreciate my excitement and, truly, I can see how snow could grow wearisome . But for those of us in the deep south, yesterday's snow was a gift and we enjoyed it to the fullest! We threw snowballs, made snow angels and attempted to make a snowman, but our boys were more interested in launching snow missiles at us. Good times!

I know the clock ticks at the same rate for all of us but when you have children, it seems to race by at a breathless clip and if you aren't careful, you miss the most priceless gifts that come wrapped up in the plain, brown paper of the everyday. Play-Doh, crayon drawings on the fridge and snow angels are fleeting...don't wish them away.

5 comments:

Mateo March 2, 2009 at 9:46 AM  

Being one of those readers from the frozen midwest I can share... 1st snow, always exciting... third month of snow, not so much. Actually it's not the snow that's bad, but the wind and subsequent windchill. Yesterday's temp was high 20's, but after windchill, 4 degrees. It's the wind that gets ya.

And thanks for the comment on the blog, it's always nice to know someone is reading the random posts. God bless.

Eddie Taylor March 2, 2009 at 11:25 AM  

Wow...incredible way to interpret yesterday's events. You are amzing and I'm blessed to be your husband.
You provoke me to excellence.
ET

Beth Brawley Taylor March 2, 2009 at 11:38 AM  

Wow, Matt...I am not woman enough for those kinds of temps or the windchill! And Eddie...you make me so much better than I would be without you.

Rachel March 2, 2009 at 9:45 PM  

I saw your pictures and I have to admit, I am a little jealous. I still remember the one time that snow visited my little corner of the universe. It was two inches deep max but what fun we had - Snow/dirt angles, sandy little snow men, and an improvised a sled by attaching a piece of plywood with a rope to his truck (my dad's idea, of course) It was magical!

Beth Brawley Taylor March 2, 2009 at 9:48 PM  

It really is magical...even with a little dirt mixed in!